Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: Remote Meeting on Zoom and available for the public to view on WestNorfolkBC on You Tube - Zoom and You Tube. View directions

Contact: Kathy Wagg 

Link: View Live Stream

No. Item


Appointment of Vice-Chair


AGREED:       That Councillor Mrs S Collop be appointed at Vice-Chair for the meeting.


Apologies for Absence

To receive any apologies for absence.


Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Bambridge, Bone, Kemp and Rust.


Minutes of Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 286 KB

To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the previous meeting.


The minutes of the meeting held on 16 July 2020 were agreed as a correct record.


Declarations of Interest

Please indicate if there are any interests which should be declared.  A declaration of an interest should indicate the nature of the interest (if not already declared on the Register of Interests) and the agenda item to which it relates.  If a disclosable pecuniary interest is declared, the Member should withdraw from the room whilst the matter is discussed.


These declarations apply to all Members present, whether the Member is part of the meeting, attending to speak as a local Member on an item or simply observing the meeting from the public seating area.





There were no declarations of interest.


Urgent Business

To consider any business which, by reason of special circumstances, the Chairman proposes to accept as urgent under Section 100(b)(4)(b) of the Local Government Act, 1972.




There was no urgent business to report.


Members Present Pursuant to Standing Order 34

Members wishing to speak pursuant to Standing Order 34 should inform the Chairman of their intention to do so and on what items they wish to be heard before the meeting commences.  Any Member attending the meeting under Standing Order 34 will only be permitted to speak on those items which have been previously notified to the Chairman.




There were no Members present pursuant to Standing Order 34.


Chairman's Correspondence (if any)


There was no Chair’s correspondence but the Chair took the opportunity to remind the Committee about the email which had recently been sent to them inviting them to the Vision King’s Lynn Workshops being held on 24 and 28 September in relation to the Town Investment Plan.


Policing in King's Lynn - 6 monthly update including their role during COVID-19

Superintendent Buckley and Joanne Rew from the Operational Partnership Team will provide the Committee with the 6 monthly Policing update including their role during COVID-19.


Click here to view the recording of this item on You Tube


Superintendent Buckley and Joanne Rew from the Operational Partnership Team provided the Committee with the 12 month Policing up-date including their role during Covid-19.


Superintendent Buckley and Joanne Rew responded to questions including:


·        How the Police interacted with the public generally and during Covid and how this was carried out.

·        Rape and sexual violence reporting, why this had increased and the rate of prosecution.

·        The night-time economy and the number of incidents and how the Police dealt with this.

·        Incidents that had taken place in the Fairstead area.

·        Ongoing issues including noise and anti-social behaviour at Orchard Crescent with the play park.


The Chair thanked Superintendent Buckley and Joanne Rew for attending the meeting, which was appreciated.




Presentation on Flytipping including environmental crime

The Committee receive a presentation on Flytipping including environmental crime.


Click here to view the recording of this item on You Tube.


Alison Demonty provided the Committee with a presentation on Fly-tipping including environmental crime.


Alison responded to questions relating to:


·        Was the message getting through to landlords and tenants about fly-tipping and was the optimistic that behaviour would change?

·        In relation to North End, did the fly-tipping originate from people who lived there or did people from other areas dump their rubbish there?

·        When was the signage going to be put up at either ends of the alleyways at North End.

·        What was the view of the implementation of charges at the County’s recycling centre and whether this had an effect on fly-tipping in the area.

·        How many prosecutions had been issued for fly-tipping and the process involved in getting a prosecution.

·        Was a Clear-up event including the community a good idea.


The Chair thanked Alison for her presentation.



Update on the Parish Partnership scheme - Installation of bus shelters

Peter Gray will provide the Committee with an update on the installation of bus shelters at William Booth Road / Minister Court, Saddlebow Road and Langley Road, King’s Lynn.


Click here to view a recording of this item on You Tube.


Peter Gray informed the Committee that it was hoped that the 3 bus shelters at Minister Court / William Booth Road, Saddlebow Road and Langley Road would be installed at the end of November / early December.


Councillor Jones informed the Committee that he had suggested that a rubbish bin be added to the bus stop at Reid Way and asked if the suggestion had progressed.  It was advised that the request might have been directed to the depot and the Assistant Director agreed to check the current position.


The Committee thanked Peter for the update and for progressing the scheme.


Reminder - Parish Partnership Scheme 2021/2022

Just a reminder that the Committee has been invited to submit bids again to the Parish Partnership Scheme for the financial year 2021/2022.  The closing date for submissions will be 4 December but any scheme will need to be considered at the Special Expenses meeting scheduled for 9 November 2020.


Click here to view a recording of this item on You Tube


Councillor Mrs S Collop referred to the SAM signs at Marsh Lane and explained that these had not yet been connected.  The Assistant Director agreed to investigate the issue and liaise with Councillor Mrs S Collop.


Committee's Work Programme and Cabinet's Forward Decision List pdf icon PDF 305 KB

The Committee is asked to consider items for a future Work Programme for


The Committee is also asked to consider the Cabinet’s Forward Decision List.

Additional documents:


The Committee noted the Cabinet’s Forward Decision List and the Committee’s work programme.


Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Committee is scheduled for Monday 9 November 2020 via Zoom.


The next meeting was scheduled for 9 November and would consider King’s Lynn Special Expenses.